May 12, 2020

Perseverance

I realised that grit, perseverance are values that people don't talk often about. Probably the values itself are a verb rather than a noun thus people live their life without them realising than they are applying it.

And I realised that moral values are personal. It is customisable as long as it keep harmony between community and it is adaptable to make life and interpersonal relationships easier or at least bearable. Although nowadays we value individualism so much more than pleasing other people, moral values are still relevant.

Despite that, I also realised how many times that I don't get what I want because I don't speak up or I don't want to create conflict between people. The necessity for me to keep the harmony is way too much that I would rather missed my opportunities in life than upset people. It came to a way that I don't even want to plan out anything beforehand so I can be flexible and fixed to people's plan.

Have I ever ask myself whether the situation did justice to me? Whether I can flourish or grow healthily in this situation? Whether the environment is the best medium for me to understand better and grow better? Whether I could belong here? Whether I can contribute and grow the same ratio here? Whether I can be content here? Whether I can sustain myself for future if I stay here longer?

Did I ever ask myself whether I am expressing myself enough? Did I ever ask myself what is the most important? Did I ever ask myself whether I am doing justice for myself? Did I ever ask myself that I should be in the environment that is necessity for me to grow? Did I ever have a constant purpose? To follow through?

As much as I need to realise that persistence is key, harmony is key, having grit is key, to be adaptable and seeing things in perspective are the key, I need to consider whether I am in the right place as well. Am I searching for perfectionism? Or am I being more honest and start accepting the raw to become better?

Am I there yet?
Or I am just in my own illusion?

No comments:

Post a Comment