"I move, therefore I am."
"Whatever it is you're seeking won't come in the form you're expecting."
"Every time I try to say something, it just misses the point. Either that or I end up saying the exact opposite of what I mean."
"We may never meet again, but no matter where I go, I'll always remember you."
"You must have missed it. Does happen, you know. Things so close up they don't even register."
"There has to be pain. That’s the rule."
"Despite your best efforts, people are going to be hurt when it's time for them to be hurt."
"We know you’re tired, tired and scared. Happens to everyone, okay? Just don’t let your feet stop."
"You are not lost. It’s just that your own thoughts are being kept from you, or hidden away."
"You said that the mind is like the wind, but perhaps it is we who are like the wind. Knowing nothing, simply blowing through."
"Don’t think about it too much, just do it. For a change of pace. It might help you figure out all kinds of things."
"It’s hard to tell the difference between sea and sky, between voyager and sea. Between reality and the workings of the heart."
"Sometimes when I look at you, I feel I’m gazing at a distant star. It’s dazzling, but the light is from tens of thousands of years ago."
"There's no such thing as perfect writing. Just like there's no such thing as perfect despair."
-Haruki Murakami
-
Basically, this appreciation post pretty much sums up my 2015. Nothing so exquisive, nothing so ordinary as well. A rollercoaster of emotions, tons of heartbreak but in between, i was happy. Words are temporary. Words can be illuminating. Writing is therapeutical, but it cant do much in handling reality. God is omnipresent but I am still a sinner.
I got my car back today. Feels like heaven. Been missing her so much. It comes to me, if I can't take care of it, better not having her. I dont want to have thing only to broke it later. This car is 'amanah', cliche phrase but it is important. My father came all the way from home, settling this. I was very thankful. I might as well drive better in future.
I am trying not to be a cliche but I ended up did. I did bore myself. I try to fit the definition of normality, but I can't seem to function properly. It's not that everyone is normal either. There is beauty in being a little bit strange. And hey, everyone has their own strangeness okay
Maybe, just maybe, I was focusing on a wrong thing. Admiring big things wont harm you, but in the sense you forget the branching that makes up the tree, you are lost. Dont forget the root as well. And to preach, that's the hardest part.
Yada yada yada, boring. I am bored with myself. I would like to thank all the people I've meet before 2015, or in 2015, who has been with me and still tolerate me well. Thank you so much for the lessons and kindness. May Allah bless all of you. Family, friends, you, yes you, thank you for existing, I am very thankful to know you guys (Can't still beat Kak T and her speech tho lol)
So, my so-called new year resolution is simple:
stay to the ground as hard as possible.
Dont float around!
(I'll try okay)
What is it that i want to write again?
Oh yea, thanks haruki murakami for existing, you make my writing journey more alive :') (this applies to my other fav writer as well, god bless)
Happy New Year people! It's 2016 already.
One step harder, one step wiser. As Prof H said, hopefully all wars all over the world stop and love spreads among people and all nations.
That's all.

Happy New Year Hajar! Normality is the bane of humanity that poisoned the value creativity and uniqueness that make someone distinctively special. As Haruki Murakami wrote on twitter, 'If you read the same book as everybody did, then you can only think what everybody is thinking.'
ReplyDeleteDon't let anybody or the world dictate who you are or tell you how to live your life. Humans are created by God to be different with many races and such so that we can understand each other. So why confine yourself in a box when the human potential is limitless?
As a conclusion: Be your own Margo
Hello there earthling (or should I say the name? lol), Happy new year to you too!
DeleteVery encouraging indeed, thanks for the kind words.
1 year has changed me, you and everyone around us a lot. I just hope everyone is comfortable in their own skin, if not today, slowly one day. Pretty much I should start with myself first. Then, we can see how far the human potential will go.
A better year this time, shall we?
Lets try our best
Delete