Aug 15, 2015

Perseid Meteor Shower

#13 August 2015

I tried, but then I can't be in dark place for long hours. We tried the field behind the hospital, the sky was clear yet no sign of perseid meteor shower found. We decided to go back home. The sky was clear this time.  Looking up to the sky, I can trace Aries constellation as it is said to be near Perseus. Several whitish dots on sky making unusual pattern, idk whether its Perseus or not but it looked like it. I wanted to capture this moment with phone camera, only to realize our eyes have bigger megapixel than our phone, so yeah I decided to let the phone aside. It was a bad phone camera afterall lol. I stayed for awhile, waiting for the meteor. It didn't appear. 9:56pm. They said the peak hour would be by 11:00 pm. Can I wait for another 1 hour? My dad was tired enough to wait any longer. He was driving all day. He went back to the house. I stayed a lil bit more. But then, I couldn't be helped to stay alone in darkness. Feeling itchy all the sudden. Oh my, ants! We switched off the light outside the house. I can't clearly see anything apart from lamp post outside the gate. And so, I went back to the house (coward me haha)


I was a bit disappointed, probably if I did it yesterday (the peak time), I could see the meteor dust. It would be wonderful. My mom asked why the sudden urge to watch this meteor thing. I said, just because. She didn't say any further, perhaps its because I was with her when we saw blood moon (4th April). I went back to my room. Trying to see the perseid meteor from window. Alas, all I could see was neighbour's window shining bright. Not even a sign of stars. I wrote this journal. After a while, I felt asleep.


4:30 am in the morning, I was awake. I dreamt about bloody moon + perseid meteor with additional of horror last night. Rasa macam dah basuh kaki semalam. It must be due to some disturbing stories I read on fb. I brushed my teeth & went downstairs. Quickly yet with silence, I opened the door. I've been alarmed by my father on safety, robbery, don't ever try to go to dark places alone & a lot of things in between. But I did, only outside of the house. My father parked his car outside thus to bring my car outside, I need his car key. He blocked my way. I guess he's been thinking about this lol. Or maybe I wasn't brave enough. Or maybe it was a coincidence. Very well, then.

It was raining. Oh my. One thing lead to another. I was thinking if only I wake up earlier, maybe I could see the meteor. I stayed for awhile. Still raining. I wrote this journal with front door opened. A black cat enter, I shooed it away. Then I decided I don't really plan for all these. I didn't plan where to go, with who, what time I should sleep, what time I shouldn't, how I could see the meteor clearly. So there is little possibilities to see any Perseid meteor here. I need a good spot. And bunch of companies to keep me safe. Girls and dark place are not best friend, remember? I would want to go alone but my mom insisted on doing it with my father.

Learning from mistakes, I would say. Where the intuition leads me, is where I would go. But then, I wasn't very brave enough. And I will always need to plan for something good. Random acts are exhilarating, but with good planning, things will be a lot more exciting.

Alright then. Probably next time I will do better. To be honest, stars last night were doing great. It was breathtaking. I could see the constellations without having  basic knowledge on reading them. They shined bright. The night was darker than before. Blessed  people who saw them. Great things happen to those who wait, people would say. By seeing stars, we realize how small & infinite our problems are. God who creates stars knows no boundaries. So how could we be so depressed with our problems like our world is falling down? There are so much things greater than our misery. In your journey to fix the broken things, you might as well be thankful & cherish every moments you have. It was sad but it was a nice experience.


2015 Perseid Meteor Shower
Aug. 12, 2015 - Cold Creek, Nevada, USA. Photo: David Becker via ZUMA Wire

Should I wait for another?

No comments:

Post a Comment